About the positon
This exciting volunteer position will provide support for the day to day running of the organisation’s reception.
In this role you will act as a ‘face of the Mission’ and assist with the coordinating of the organisation’s vehicles, cleaning and maintenance functions.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with professional telephone and reception skills and basic computer skills. Ideally, we would love you to have the flexibility to take on additional shifts as required.
An interview will need to be conducted in order to assess individuals suitability to the role.
About Sacred Heart Mission
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assists hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or disadvantage to find shelter, food, care and support. Through our wide-ranging homelessness services, research and innovation we strongly advocate for an inclusive, fair and compassionate community where people can overcome disadvantage and trauma.
Everyone is welcome at our table
We are committed to providing volunteering opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive community. People who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide welcoming and efficient meet and greet services at reception
- Maintain the quality and effectiveness of reception services and make improvements where necessary under supervision
- Refer users of the Mission’s services to the most appropriate person to assist them within the Mission, or other organisations when necessary
- Screen incoming calls and transfer calls to the appropriate staff member/program areas
- Accept and distribute donations
- Order all consumables and stationery
- Manage in and out going mail and other deliveries
- Prepare induction kits for new staff and students
- Maintain internal phone directory
- Answer and forward email enquiries
- Provide basic support to Reception Officer
Weekly – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, 10.30am-3.30pm, mainly based at 71 Robe St.
Apply online via the link below, make sure to select ‘Reception [All SHM areas/Various]’ in the ‘Areas of Interest’ – ‘Assignment Preference’ section of the form.
We will then conduct an in person interview and if successful you need to willing undergo a police check.