Join our family with the same heart and make a difference.
If you’re looking for a job that rewards you for helping others, a career with Sacred Heart Mission might be just what you’ve been looking for. Sacred Heart Mission is one of Melbourne’s most highly regarded not-for-profit organisations supporting people experiencing homelessness and social disadvantage to build the life they want to live.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide equal employment opportunities to all employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age or disability. Committed to minimise our impact on the environment, we ensure staff and volunteers operate from fit for purpose facilities that adopt green building design and practices.
We offer a wide variety of roles across different services and specialist areas and recognise the importance of work-life balance.
Career opportunities at Sacred Heart Mission
Our staff values
These behaviours support the Mission’s organisational values and allow each team member to be personally responsible for living the values:
Trust and Honesty
- We strive to be true to ourselves, to our own values and to those of the Mission.
- We strive to provide the best services possible, with integrity and authenticity.
- We trust and respect our colleagues and appreciate each others work.
- We recognise each person’s unique experience, knowledge, talents and strengths, and draw upon these.
- We build relationships that are respectful and empowering.
- We look after each other and offer support when needed.
Happiness and Fun
- We are creative and innovative in learning and achieving outcomes.
- We are inclusive, positive and encouraging in our communication with each other and address misunderstandings with respect and dignity.
- We recognise that it is important to have fun in the workplace whilst ensuring a safe and respectful workplace for all.
- We proactively participate in the Mission’s purpose and actively contribute in the Mission’s decision making process.
- We are passionate about the work we do and work with compassion and commitment towards our vision.
- We embrace diversity and actively work to achieve social justice.
Diversity and inclusion is at the heart of Sacred Heart Mission. We consider the diversity among our staff and volunteers to be an asset offering strengths and capabilities which greatly support the delivery of our services.
Based on our vision of an inclusive, fair and compassionate community, we aim to provide welcoming and non-discriminatory spaces for everyone. We will continue to work in partnership with the community and organisations to develop innovative actions to improve the responsiveness and inclusiveness of our spaces and services.
“Sacred Heart Mission engages a diverse range of people, staff and volunteers, to work across a wide range of services and in our opportunity shops. We are committed to ensuring that our spaces and workplaces are safe and welcoming for all people.”
– Cathy Humphrey, CEO Sacred Heart Mission
Our guidelines, policies, procedures, and practice aim to ensure equality and participation, regardless of gender identity, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion and/or sexual orientation.
Don’t miss a beat
Learn more about homelessness and how we can solve it together in our monthly newsletter, Heartbeat