About the position
A fabulous volunteer opportunity providing health care to some of the most vulnerable in our community.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a volunteer reflexologist with at least 12 months experience to provide individual (foot) reflexology treatment to SHM clients who are referred through the Wellness Place.
As you will be working with clients you should have an understanding of the issues involved in poverty and homelessness and the capacity to work respectfully with a diverse range of clients, the ability to work with minimal supervision and to maintain clear boundaries with clients and has excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a friendly, non-judgmental approach to their work.
Qualifications and licenses:
- Reflexology Qualification approved by the Reflexology Association of Australia – Certificate of Clinical Reflexology or Diploma of Reflexology (HLT52515)
- Professional registration with the Reflexology Association of Australia
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
An interview will need to be conducted in order to assess individuals suitability to the role.
About Sacred Heart Mission
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assists hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or disadvantage to find shelter, food, care and support. Through our wide-ranging homelessness services, research and innovation we strongly advocate for an inclusive, fair and compassionate community where people can overcome disadvantage and trauma.
Everyone is welcome at our table
We are committed to providing volunteering opportunities for all people regardless of age, gender, cultural background, disability, or sexual orientation. We recognise the strength and value in diversity, and actively foster an inclusive community. People who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Wellness Place
The Wellness Place provides support to at least 150 clients each month through a range of allied health therapies and skills development activities. Clients have histories of homelessness and disadvantage. Many have a range of complex needs resulting from negative life experiences including exposure to trauma and social isolation.
A team of volunteer practitioners and facilitators provide allied health and complementary therapies including but not limited to:
- Physiotherapy, podiatry, optometry and nutrition
- Osteopathy student clinic
- Therapeutic groups, workshops and other wellbeing activities
- Provide individual (foot) reflexology treatment to SHM clients who are referred through the Wellness Place
- Maintain secure, confidential and professional client records as required by the Reflexology Association of Australia code of conduct
- Report any client complaints or issues of concern to Wellness Place Coordinator
Weekly or Fortnightly across a half day (we are open to a full day) – volunteering can take place on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday morning or afternoons between 9am – 3.30pm, however please note Friday would be our preferred day.
Apply online via the link below, make sure to select ‘Wellness Place – Reflexologist [Health & Wellbeing\Various]’ in the ‘Areas of Interest’ – ‘Assignment Preference’ section of the form.
We will then conduct an in person interview and if successful you need to willing undergo a police check and a Working with Children Check.