Learn how you can set up your Facebook fundraiser, share it with your friends and track your progress towards your fundraising goal – all in just a few clicks.
Setting up your Facebook fundraiser
Starting a fundraiser on Facebook is an easy and fun way to connect with friends over a common cause and helps keep our essential services running. Learn how you can set up your Facebook fundraiser, share it with your friends and track your progress towards your fundraising goal – all in just a few clicks:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to facebook.com/fund/sacredheartmission
- In the form, enter how much money you want to raise. As a guide:
- $150 – Could cover one night of safe and secure accommodation for a person in crisis.
- $228 – Could fund a professional support worker for a day to build relationships with up to 12 people, and help them on a pathway out of homelessness.
- $450 – Could cover three nights in crisis accommodation for a woman escaping a violent home.
- $750 – Could cover one night of secure accommodation for five people in crisis.
- $1,539 – Could fund a support worker who can support up to 12 people over the course of a week.
All the money raised will be paid out to Sacred Heart Mission, including if you exceed your goal!
- Select an end date for your fundraiser. We recommend running your fundraiser for seven to 14 days, to keep your friends engaged.
- Enter a title for your fundraiser
- Tell your story and explain why you support Sacred Heart Mission
- You will see in the Facebook form that this field is pre-filled. You can either use the default text or make your fundraising page more personal by talking about your connection to Sacred Heart Mission, and why it’s important to you to raise funds for our community.
- To provide your friends and family with more information about Sacred Heart Mission, feel free to talk to them about the work Sacred Heart Mission has been doing in our community for 39 years. You can also share our information about homelessness in Australia with your supporters to highlight the importance of this cause.
- Upload a cover photo. Select a photo that attracts your friends’ attention and helps them understand more about the cause. You can find a selection of Sacred Heart Mission photos at the bottom of this page – feel free to use them for your fundraiser.
- Click ‘create’ to publish your fundraiser
- Tell us about your fundraiser! Share your fundraiser via Facebook or email email@example.com, so we can thank you for your amazing support and cheer you on.
- Media release
Don’t miss a beat
Learn more about homelessness and how we can solve it together in our monthly newsletter, Heartbeat