Starting a fundraiser on Facebook is an easy and fun way to connect with friends over a common cause and helps keep our essential services running. Learn how you can set up your Facebook fundraiser, share it with your friends and track your progress towards your fundraising goal – all in just a few clicks:
How to encourage friends to support your fundraiser
- On your Facebook fundraiser page, click ‘invite’ to notify your friends, family, colleagues and club mates about your fundraiser and invite them to support you.
- Share your fundraiser in your Facebook news feed.
- Make a start and be the first to donate to your fundraiser. This will show your friends how invested you are in the cause.
- Keep your friends up to date with how your fundraiser is going. Whether you hit a milestone, reached your goal or are off to a slow start – post regularly to remind your community about your fundraiser and inspire them to contribute.
- Ask your friends to help spread the word and share your fundraiser with their networks.
- Thank everyone who makes a donation. If a notification about a new donation appears on your fundraiser’s timeline, leave a comment and tell them how much their support matters to you.
Common questions about Facebook fundraising
- Join an event
Don’t miss a beat
Learn more about homelessness and how we can solve it together in our monthly newsletter, Heartbeat