Sacred Heart Mission respects your rights to privacy
We collect personal information that you provide to us directly, as well as from publicly available sources and third parties such as those identified in the “Use and disclosure of personal information” section below. We only collect personal information that is necessary for our work. We never disclose any personal information unless we are required to do so by law, nor do we publish personal information in publications or on our web-site, without explicit/express consent.
Security of personal information
Sacred Heart Mission (SHM) is bound by a number of laws which protect your privacy. Depending on the context, these may include the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) including the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth) and the Information Privacy Principles under the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
Sacred Heart Mission actively seeks to ensure that all personal information we collect is protected from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have internal data protection and electronic data transmission procedures and all donations and communications made online via our website are secure. Regardless of whether personal information is stored electronically or in hard copy form, we take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We may collect, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including:
- Recruiting and onboarding prospective volunteers, contractors or employees:
- If you have applied for a position with Sacred Heart Mission, we may exchange some or all of your personal information with your referees, Centrelink, the HECS authority and recruitment consultants, for appropriate purposes relating to considering your application, including undertaking criminal record and Working with Children checks, where permitted by law.
- Marketing and Fundraising:
- to communicate with you about donations, products, services, campaigns, causes and events
- to process and record donations
- provide receipts, and
- to contact you about Sacred Heart Mission, our activities and to provide our newsletters, reports, invitations and requests for support, unless you opt out or we are prohibited by law.
- Third parties for marketing purposes -we may provide your contact details to other like-minded organisations to contact you with information that may be of interest to you. From time to time, we participate in data collectives where we share your ‘de-identified’ personal information (other than sensitive information) with other organisations. We may also outsource certain tasks involving your personal information to third party service providers, including organisations that provide mail and delivery, auditing or technology services.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If at any time you wish to view or alter your personal information, please contact the SHM Privacy Officer. We ask that you provide us with as much detail as you can about the information you seek, to help us retrieve it. An access fee may be charged where permitted by law. In certain circumstances, we may not be required by law to provide you with access or to correct your personal information. If that is the case, we will give you our reasons for that decision.
You can contact the Privacy Officer via email at email@example.com or by post:
Sacred Heart Mission
P. O. Box 1284
- Join an event
Don’t miss a beat
Learn more about homelessness and how we can solve it together in our monthly newsletter, Heartbeat