Work placements for university and TAFE students
Our student placement program provides a unique opportunity for university and TAFE students to develop professional practice skills and grow as a person. The program includes comprehensive orientation, extensive training, supervision and site visits to selected program areas.
We offer work integrated learning placements to students who need to gain field experience related to their area of study, including:
- Social Work (Bachelor or Masters)
- Certificate IV (Ageing, Disability, Home and Community, Mental Health)
- Allied Health disciplines
- Diploma of Community Services, Community Development, or Mental Health
Preparing for the workforce
Our practical placements help prepare students for the workforce by providing:
- Valuable learning opportunities within the areas of aged care, disability, mental health, trauma informed care, women’s services and homelessness
- The opportunity to practice what you have learned in an appropriate, real-life setting
- Support from our Student Placement Officer and be part of our student leaning unit
- Access to experienced staff who are willing to share their wisdom.
We give our students comprehensive orientation, supervision, and a safe working environment.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our placement program is divided into two intakes:
- Semester 1 – Diploma and Certificate IV qualifications
To be considered you must complete the Student Placement request form below.
- Semester 2 – Final year social work (Bachelor/Masters) qualifications
Sacred Heart Mission has existing partnerships/MOUs with university Social Work departments.
We will only consider offers from Placement Coordinators. Please ask your Field Educator to email their query directly to email@example.com.
Hear from Ned, a student placement from RMIT
Student placement form
If you are requiring a work integrated learning placement for a Diploma, Allied Health or a Certificate IV qualification, please complete the student placement form below. If selected you will be asked to attend an interview, followed by orientation and induction.
If you are requiring a final year Social Work Integrated Learning Placement, please ask your Placement Coordinator to email their query directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join an event
Don’t miss a beat
Learn more about homelessness and how we can solve it together in our monthly newsletter, Heartbeat